Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rivers til i reach you

It's no secret that I love music. Or rather, LOVE (with all caps) music. In fact, I don't even have any channels on my television because I'd rather be listening to music than watching t.v. 
Music while baking, washing the dishes, cleaning, bathing, making art, painting my toenails, decorating a cake, driving, dancing, walking.... 
And every once and awhile, I hear a song that makes my heart sink, in the good way, and I have to close my eyes and just breathe it in. I can listen to it every day or hear it again for the first time in years and it always takes me to that place. Wishing I could sing it like the artist, knowing exactly how the writer must have felt. Heart hurting, hands on my sinking chest.
I don't really know why music has this effect on me at times, but I'm so thankful it does. I think it must be special to love music like this, and I hope I can always hold on to that. 
I'm posting this video for a lot of reasons. This band is fun, sure. I heard their record and thought I liked it fine. And then I watched this video, and I immediately bought tickets to the show they're having in Nashville. Watching these three sing this song was very powerful to me. 
I hope you'll watch this. Actually, I beg you to watch it. You can close your eyes if you want, but you have to stay present, and see what it brings up for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment