Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gluten Free

My sister was diagnosed with Celiac Disease several years ago and has since gotten very creative with her cooking. Over the years we've talked about the possibility of me having an allergy to wheat (because of some symptoms), but it was nothing I was interested in accepting. Recently, though, I took the challenge of going gluten free. It became clear pretty quickly that, for whatever reason, I feel about 99.9% better than I do when eating gluten. 
Since I love to bake, I've also accepted the challenge of experimenting with different gluten free recipes. I'm happy to say that so far, everything has turned out DELICIOUS. I've made bread, muffins and even a pie. And my sister reaps the rewards because whatever I make, I share with her. She's got a toddler and a baby on the way, so I'd say she deserves some treats :).

No comments:

Post a Comment