Sunday, August 4, 2013

2 down, 389 to go

What did you do this weekend? I spent mine trying to figure out how to crochet a granny square. I saw an episode of Call the Midwife this summer and the nuns were making granny squares to make another nun a blanket. I thought the blanket was so beautiful. So ever since then I've had it in the back of my mind to make my own granny square blanket. (I haven't forgotten the quilt I've been talking about for the last year, either!). Well, I'm not a very good learner. I first tried to look up directions with diagrams. Not much luck. Then I tried watching YouTube videos. That pretty much did nothing for me. Finally I bought a beginning crochet book (because honestly, I don't even know very much about crocheting). After several hours of skimming the book, then finally sucking it up and reading ALL the directions, I started to get it. I don't really read manuals, I'm more of a pictures person. But all the research paid off. I ended up with this:




I think it came out nice. According to my pattern, I need a total of 391 squares. Obviously I timed myself, and one square took me 20 minutes (and I was going pretty quickly). So basically, this blanket will be done.... Never. :)
Maybe I'll just make it a baby blanket?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment