Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Juice fast: That's a wrap

Originally Rebekka and I planned to fast for 10 days. However, after much conversation, we decided that we would end our fast after today (day 6). I'm not going to go into all the reasons, but just know that we both felt like this was the best decision for us. So now, some final thoughts....

Things I didn't like about my experience fasting:
*It was much more emotionally difficult for me that I was prepared for.
*I really, REALLY don't like drinking my vegetables. I tried all kinds of combinations of veggies and fruit, but never really got to a point of enjoying my juices.
*I never felt AMAZING, like so many other juice fasters said they felt.
*I never stopped being hungry. I read that usually the hunger goes away, but it never did for me.

Things I loved about my experience fasting:
*Physically, I feel great.
*I just went 6 days without eating food, and that makes me feel very strong, disciplined, amazed, the list could go on....
*I now crave very healthy foods. The thought of eating something "bad" has no appeal to me.
*I don't want caffeine.
*I want to cook everything I put into my body, myself.
*I have a very strong desire not to undo what I've done for myself in the past 6 days.
*Oh, and I lost 11 pounds.

It was so unbelievably helpful to go through this experience with my good friend Rebekka. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had such a rewarding experience if she hadn't been right there at my side.

I am so glad I did this fast. I've learned a lot about myself, and feel like I've truly re-booted. I'm pretty much ready to take on the world at this point.

Thanks for tagging along....

No comments:

Post a Comment