Friday, March 22, 2013

Call for artists/friends

I need you in my life. Like, really need you in my life. Can we hang out more?

I went to an art opening tonight with my sweet friend Sharon. Just talking to that girl gets me fired up..... it makes me remember how important it is that I interact with other artists.

I can't believe how easy it is to grow up and push aside what I love so much. Because I work too much, or I'm too tired, or tools are expensive, or I don't have any good ideas, or it's not "important", or I don't think people want to hear what I have to say. I think artists have a special sort of soul that tonight, thanks to conversation with my friend, I might finally be able to accept and embrace. We are complicated and we think too much, we get sad and isolate ourselves, we get angry and resent that we're not more appreciated, we get manic and forget what time it is, we get obnoxious and think we're special, we get overwhelmed and don't know where to start, we get discouraged and feel invisible. I can see a painting and roll my eyes. I can see another painting and be brought to tears. I can talk about the actual feeling of creating something and my heart tightens, and I love it because it reminds me of who I am.

But it's so easy to grow up and push aside what we love so much.

I don't want to forget who I am because I work too much, or I'm too tired, or because tools are expensive, or I think I don't have any good ideas, or because I don't feel important or think people want to hear what I have to say.

So can we hang out more? We can inspire each other to create. We can make important things that some people might roll their eyes at, but others will be brought to tears by. 

We get to show people the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment