Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 12: Tish


Meet Tish. Two days ago, Tish became an Anglican Priest. Which, quite frankly, I think is pretty amazing.

The first time I saw Tish was at Church of the Redeemer in Nashville. We hadn't met yet, but had been connected by our previous Pastor's wife. I still remember seeing her, and her cool style, from across the church, and I felt immediately giddy to meet her.

Fast forward through the last five years and this is what Tish is to me now. She is a rock. She is gentle, kind, and wise. I can ask her anything about Jesus, and she almost always knows the answer. She is so knowledgeable and so intelligent. I trust this woman. I trust that she will always speak the truth to me. But most of all, Tish is a dear, sweet, loving friend. And I'm so lucky that she's in my life.

Tish and her husband Jonathan, who you'll meet next week, and their two beautiful daughters moved back to Austin last summer. I miss them terribly.  I miss our lengthy conversations and the convenience of them living down the street. But I know that wherever they go, they make those places better because of their presence.

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment