Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 23: Judy


This is my stepmom, Judy. Doesn't she look lovely? Let me tell you a little bit about her. She's been in my life since before I can remember. As long as I have memories, she has been in them. I have a lot of great memories growing up with her. One of which being her letting me decorate birthday cakes, so she might actually be responsible for helping me discover my love of cake decorating!

One of the most obvious characteristics of Judy that comes to mind is that she loves to make others happy. She is a wonderful host, and is always ready to feed her family, friends and even strangers. She wants to see others be happy, and she wants to help them be happy, in any way that she can. She is extremely generous and loving, always putting others before herself. It's been obvious several times in my life, that even though I'm not her biological daughter, she loves me like I am, she treats me like I am, and she gives so much to me like I am.

Judy has faced a lot of hardships in her life, and has come through them as one of the strongest women I know. She has overcome obstacles and is extremely independent because of it. These things have taught her a lot of valuable lessons that she has shared with us, and we're grateful for her honesty and openness. Also, she's not afraid to speak her mind, and that is not something you always find in a woman, so it's something to be valued! It's helped me to realize it's okay to let my guard down, to be open and honest and speak up for how I feel and for what I believe in.

Lastly her faith is something that is very important to her. It shapes who she is and she constantly nurtures the relationship she has with God. I admire that about her, and it's taught me and helped me to do the same.

I'm really lucky to have her in my life, and I know my sisters and dad feel the same way.

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment