Friday, July 25, 2014

Week 26: Angie


This is my sister Angie. Doesn't she have the best smile? I've always been so envious of her pretty smile. She's been such a great big sister to me. She's so loving, but also honest, and straight with me when she needs to be. She's supportive and caring. She's hilarious and fun. She's laid back yet has it together. She's a wonderful mom and wife that loves her family more than anything. She's smart and knows a lot about business. She knows how to throw a good party and how to be a gracious host. She's always taking care of others before taking care of herself. She loves animals, especially kittens. She gets excited like a child sometimes, and it's my favorite thing to hear that excitement in her voice. She laughs loud and isn't afraid to be herself. She isn't worried about what others think, and I really admire that about her.

I have so many great memories of her from when I was growing up. She would take me to the beach when I was a small child. When I was 8 she got married and moved to California. Naturally, I was devastated. But when I was in college, I started visiting her regularly, and we always had a great time. When I graduated from college, she moved back to Texas, and I was able to spend a lot more time with her and her husband and my nieces. That's when the real fun began! My nieces would come stay with me in Austin for the weekend or I would come to their house. We always have so much fun when we're together.

She's taken such good care of me over the years. She probably doesn't realize how much I rely on her (well maybe she does because I call her so much), but I have so much respect for her wisdom and advice. I like the way she lives her life, unapologetically... doing what she believes is best for her and her family. Not everyone has the courage to live that way. And I love her so much for this reason and so many more!

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment