Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 3: Katy


Katy and I met in the eighth grade when I moved to College Station. We were in Athletics together, and I would say we really started bonding during the times that we were supposed to be running the mile for class. We preferred to walk and talk, which is probably what we'd still be doing if we lived close enough to each other. We went through High School together and then even spent a little bit of college in the same town. She has been such a solid and strong friend of mine for 20 years now, and I'm so fortunate that we can always pick up right where we left off.  

Katy is one of those people that I can tell anything to, and I know she doesn't judge me, just listens and offers her wisdom. She is, in fact, very wise. We share the same morals and values and it's so nice to have a friend that can set me straight and remind me who I am and who I want to be, and I am so thankful for her honesty and love. She's also a very consistent friend, and for that, I am grateful. We may not get to talk as much as we used to, but I'm so glad that I can still consider her one of my best friends. 

And look at her smile! I can just hear her laughing as I awkwardly took her picture in the middle of a bar.

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment