Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 5: Jon


This is Jon. Jon who's from a small town in Texas. He drives a truck and wears boots and has traveled to some amazing places. Jon who I met when he had dreadlocks and was still a teenager. Jon who let me teach him how to two step at the Broken Spoke because it was my birthday and he knew I wanted to dance. Jon who is a really good writer, and who teaches me a new word every time he writes me. Jon who is really smart, and who grows a garden in his backyard. Jon who sends me instructions when I need help figuring out how to build something, or sends me videos or websites when he knows I need to laugh. Jon who rode out to the middle of the hill country to go kayaking with me. Jon who comes to hang out every time I get to come to Austin, even if it's just for a little bit. Jon who is quiet at first, but after years of knowing him I've found out he's funny as hell, and a really solid and sweet man. Jon who, I'm pretty sure, has constant witty banter going through his head. And Jon who is very aware, and very good at saying exactly what I need to hear. 

Jon who is one of the most special people I know. Jon who I miss and wish I could see every day. Jon who is the kind of friend that anyone would be lucky to have. And I'm so glad he's in my life. Even though he's so far away. 

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment