Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week 19: Rhys


This little sweetheart is Rhys. He is one of my four nephews. I've been lucky enough to live near him and his little brother Milo since they were born. I could go on and on about all of my nieces and nephews, but I'll try to keep the entries about them to a length you'll actually read :).

I still remember the day Rhys was born. My sister Heather and I called in sick to work because we were so excited to go to the hospital, see his mom and dad, and hold him, we couldn't wait until the end of the day when we both got off work. I've never gotten to hold a niece or nephew the same day they were born, so this was special to me. That first summer, I spent a lot of time babysitting him, and that was really special to me too. We took naps on the couch together and my favorite thing was to give him kisses and snuggle him all day. It's still my favorite thing.... when he lets me!

I've gotten to watch him grow into a spunky, crazy, shy-at-times, intelligent, witty, quirky, charming, goofy, affectionate four year old who I absolutely adore. This little boy has changed my life and opened my eyes to a lot of things!! I'm so lucky to be his Aunt! He is one of the loves of my life, and my heart is so full because I get to love him.

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment