Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 28: Tristen


This is my oldest niece Tristen. I still remember the day she was born. I was so excited to be an Aunt at 15 years old. I was so proud! And I still am. When she was born, my sister Angie and brother-in-law Tim were still living in California. I didn't get to see them as much as we all wanted, but that didn't stop me from loving this girl with all my heart. It also gave me an excuse to go to California as much as possible!

It's hard for me to believe that Tristen is eighteen now.... she's turned out so awesome! She's a crazy talented artist (way more talented than I'll ever be!), and she's even rebuilding her first car with her dad. I know she's going to have a great life ahead of her, because, already, exciting things are happening. I'm so impressed by her, and her bravery in pursuing what she loves, her art. There is no doubt in my mind she will be successful, and I can't wait to see the way her life unfolds.

I'm so proud to be her Aunt.

**This is part of the 52 portraits series**

No comments:

Post a Comment